MBU is now accepting applications for the position of Office Coordinator in Student Activities. All interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and statement of faith via email to Lara Hines, Director of Student Activities at Lara.Hines@mobap.edu.
In accordance with University policies, procedures, programs and budgets, the Office Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Student Activities with the facilitation, organization and maintenance of all office functions and services.
The Office Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Student Activities and works closely with her in planning, organizing and managing all office functions.
Responsibilities and Authority:
- Assist Student Activities Director with planning, coordinating and overseeing all events
- Organizing budget materials
- Coordinating, directing and supervising student workers
Office and Administrative Functions:
- Train and supervise student workers within the Student Activities Department.
- Experience working in an office environment with comprehension and knowledge of fax, copy and other related office equipment.
- Create and review invoices, purchase orders and requests for payments for/from vendors
- Track spending and prepare budget reports
The Office Coordinator will observe the following relationships
The Director of Student Activities: The Office Coordinator is accountable to the Director of Student Activities for the fulfillment of his/her assigned responsibilities and to effectively maintain and administer services in her absence.
Student Workers: The Office Coordinator helps to oversee Student Workers that all assigned duties are being accomplished.
Performance Measurement Criteria:
The Director of Student Activities will conduct an annual analysis of overall performance to focus on the Office Coordinator departmental strengths and weaknesses, and to review his/her accomplishments, objectives and future goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in an office setting
- Experience working in an academic environment preferred
- Integrity, confidence, positivity, patience, loyalty and self-discipline.
- Must possess good judgment, understanding and an attitude of service in relating to the concerns and needs of students.
- Must be able to maintain flexibility, positive demeanor and an ability to adapt in stressful situations due to certain unpredictable demands of the position.
- Must be self-sufficient and capable of juggling multiple tasks in an organized and timely manner.
- Must possess human relations and good project management skills with the ability to handle and accomplish a variety of tasks within necessary deadlines.
- Must exhibit solid administrative and organizational skills with knowledge of budgeting and the ability to function within the constraints of office budget.
- Must be a strong leader and supervisor of students.
- Must maintain professionalism in appearance, dress and interaction with students and employers.
- Must be capable of setting goals to enhance productivity and to accomplish routine tasks.
- Must possess a desire and ability to set current and future goals that will enhance the quality of services provided by the department as a whole.
- Must have the ability to communicate, interact and work collaboratively with employers, students, university staff, academic departments, Student Development colleagues and outside organizations.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills. Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs and applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Must possess a commitment to Christianity, Christian values and testimony.
Salary and Benefits:
· $13.00 an hour
· 29 hours/week