The Information Technology Department is seeking a Part-Time Help Desk Technician.
The IT help desk exists to support MBU by configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting the technology MBU uses to teach, empower, and inspire students for service and lifelong learning. A help desk technician uses technical knowledge in tandem with customer service skills, seeking to bridge the gap between users and technology.
– Responding to help desk requests in a timely fashion and prioritizing when needed
– Diagnosing and troubleshooting technology related issues
– Providing a high level of service when interacting with customers in person, over the phone, and in remote desktop support scenarios
– Documenting work done in tickets and asset tracking
– Supporting classroom AV technology
– Assisting other IT staff with other work orders as assigned
– Ensuring effective solutions are provided, even when tickets are escalated to other staff
– A willingness and desire to continually learn new software, processes, and skills
– Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Windows operating systems (Including Windows 7 and 10) and Microsoft Office. Mac OS experience is a plus, but not required.
– A baseline understanding of computer hardware components and how they interact
– A familiarity with desktop peripherals (mouse, keyboard, printer, scanner, monitor, etc.)
– A patient and empathetic attitude.
– The ability to communicate technical information to users with a wide range of technical aptitude
– A commitment to displaying Christian character in the workplace
This is a part-time position, approximately 15-20 hours per week. Nearby business travel will occasionally be required with mileage reimbursement. Physical demands include using a keyboard/mouse, reading a computer monitor, and lifting and/or carrying 30-50 lbs. (reasonable accommodation is available for individuals with disabilities).
To inquire and/or apply for this position, submit a resume and a statement of Christian faith via e-mail to the IT helpdesk at HelpDesk@mobap.edu.